Mar 23, 2010

Nesher Beer

Friend, poet and fellow-blogger Drifter Again, has kindly linked to my blog. Woohoo!
Check out this, which does a much better job than meta-me in explaining why this whole internet rambling rant is insignificant. In other words, the only real stuff worth writing is poetry.
And to expand this point - not that academic papers are anywhere nearly that significant, but still - DH thought it appropriate to suggest that my writing in English is good (thank you), so why the hell do I have to bitch and moan whenever I have a paper to hand in? And I retort: Ma HaKesher Bir HaNesher?* Why would my fluency in blog-writing reflect a facility to write anything that should have, how shall a put it, some kind of argument?, coherence in it? (Note my use of punctuation marks. Extremely non-conventional in academic standards. You GET the point.)

*When I first heard that expression, somewhere around age 10 at the most, I was not familiar with the beer-brand Nesher. So I thought this random sequence of syllables is a "smichut" that I don't understand. Sorry, non-existent anonymous American reader, you kinda need to know Hebrew to understand this asterisky part.

And another thing: a prerequisite to handing in a paper, on time OR after the deadline, is protractedly whining about it beforehand. At least, I've never done it without the whining part. Which proves my point.

Conclusion: if something comes easy to me, it must be worthless. Yeah, I was brought up that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment