Nov 22, 2011

Where I'm blogging from

A new and exciting feature on your favorite, least-oft-updated, blog!
I have been promising myself and others to post pictures of our newly furnished living room, and instead, I had the brilliant idea to create a video showcasing our stuff!... In some nook of my fancy-ridden capacity for reasoned judgements, I figured this would be less time-consuming than producing a written post.
Let's just say, yeah right.
My first mistake was, of course, not to give it a tiny short first shot, but to use my iphone-camera (for the very first time) to survey the whole living room, creating a monstrous 6:38 mins, 500 MB video. Which couldn't even be imported from iphone to computer, for some mysterious reason. In this first video I also kept flipping the camera around... Which led to take #2, shorter but still pretty long (and showing technical ineptitude of various sorts as well, which you will have the honor of surveying) – too long to fit the upload-limit here (or on flickr).

Hence, youtube.
Bear in mind that I have written all this (and it takes me longer than you think), and still only 37% of the video has uploaded on youtube. You'd think it's a groysse metzieh.
Anyway, I am determined to save time here! Procrastination begone! so I have to conclude this post – which is now, obviously, only one out of several of the remaining living-room video installments, to be shot at some future point, a magical point where procrastination will no longer be an issue – before youtube finishes uploading. So, there you have it. Where our lives take place. I'm excited about the shape it's taking, though I rarely leave my much less nicely decorated room (read: desk) and just spend time in our truly lovely living room.

One last comment: I've decided to voice-over in Hebrew, partly as a test, to see if anyone of my endangered-species non-Israeli readers would rise up and rebuke me (i.e. a test to see if this species is not in fact extinct).

And so, a new and exciting feature on your low-techiest blog! Comments, as they say, welcome.

arrrgggg. youtube can only tell me that there is a video-audio sync problem after taking 45 mins or so to upload the whole damn thing?!?! I need, apparently, to change some settings, and then re-upload. This will take longer than I thought. In the meantime, I bring you homemade pizza baked on a newly gifted pizza-stone. I would say, definitely more exciting than my narrating a corner of the living room.




UPDATED! Excited update: youtube was just screwing with me! everything's fine with the sync. Voila!

1 comment:

  1. can't wait for the next installment, which i expect to be an ode to the red chair we only saw in the background :)

    the peoples demand an english voice over!
    לא באמת

    ReplyDelete